OK, I was recently reading one of my favourite blogs The Coffee Lady and she used a great excuse for not posting regularly and referred to her last post of a few weeks back as 'just then'. Her excuse was that time travels faster as you age, to which I thought, how true is that? And decided to borrow that same excuse for myself! So in my last post 'just then' what was I on about? Showing you Hannah's winter wedding I think. Well quite a lot has happened since then, wedding work and otherwise. The thing with blogging is choosing what to share and what not to share. I'm sure many people like to read only promotional stuff or choose to write only 'happy' stuff, and that must be wonderful if it works for you, but I find that style paralysing for many reasons, not least because when one is a creative type, (I prefer the word 'bohemian' at present, but more on that another time! ;)) one is influenced and motivated by everything...
Love, love, love this dress! This is another of my new Collection dresses called Elsa. It's a very simple and easy to wear dress, brilliant if you don't want to feel like your dress is wearing you, or for a simple country wedding or small venue perhaps? Elsa is made from several layers of silk Georgette in the skirt and has a boned silk bodice overlaid with hand-cut Guipure lace. We love this lace because it has a lovely irregular edge. The pictures for all this shoot were taken by Andrew from Lightworks Photography . Before I forget, it's the Secret Garden Wedding Marquee Open Day at Burwash Manor tomorrow. It's a lovely venue so do pop along and have a look if you don't have a venue yet. Andrew from Lightworks will be there too so go and say hello to him too!
Here's the next dress from the shoot I did last week, its called Bubble. Bubble is not a completely new dress, but has never been photographed properly before and I didn't want it to be left out. Bubble is made from silk Dupion with a twisted silk Organza overlay attached at the hem. It's not a fitted dress, but the under-layer is shaped so you can see your shape through the gauzy organza layer. It is being modelled by Bernadette , and as you can see it sits above her knees at the front and lower at the back, but it can be made with a level hem, or longer or shorter, depending on your choice. A great choice if you want to wear something different and easy on your wedding day. It would also look great in other colours... What do you think?
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment.