Some lovely peonies delivered yesterday from a recent happy bride. So unexpected, and they smell divine! I'll post some pictures of the dress as soon as I can. :-)
OK, I was recently reading one of my favourite blogs The Coffee Lady and she used a great excuse for not posting regularly and referred to her last post of a few weeks back as 'just then'. Her excuse was that time travels faster as you age, to which I thought, how true is that? And decided to borrow that same excuse for myself! So in my last post 'just then' what was I on about? Showing you Hannah's winter wedding I think. Well quite a lot has happened since then, wedding work and otherwise. The thing with blogging is choosing what to share and what not to share. I'm sure many people like to read only promotional stuff or choose to write only 'happy' stuff, and that must be wonderful if it works for you, but I find that style paralysing for many reasons, not least because when one is a creative type, (I prefer the word 'bohemian' at present, but more on that another time! ;)) one is influenced and motivated by everything...
...or is it early autumn? No matter. It's that transition phase. Do you fancy a walk? Come for a gentle ramble with me and him. I like to walk around my neighbourhood and village, every day if time allows. I love just looking . I had intended to take pictures of hay bales - the rolled up type, because I love how they look. They're such an unnatural shape. Like alien life-forms, or as if some large hand had just rolled them there. Inevitably we got side tracked by other stuff too. I love looking at wild stuff randomly growing. I like looking at the textural mass of tangle - I see it as a whole... ...and the individuals that make up the tangle. Both are inspirational to me. I wonder if we would find the nettles above prettier if they didn't sting, and the umbel shaped things less attractive if they did? More a...
Here's the next dress from the shoot I did last week, its called Bubble. Bubble is not a completely new dress, but has never been photographed properly before and I didn't want it to be left out. Bubble is made from silk Dupion with a twisted silk Organza overlay attached at the hem. It's not a fitted dress, but the under-layer is shaped so you can see your shape through the gauzy organza layer. It is being modelled by Bernadette , and as you can see it sits above her knees at the front and lower at the back, but it can be made with a level hem, or longer or shorter, depending on your choice. A great choice if you want to wear something different and easy on your wedding day. It would also look great in other colours... What do you think?
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment.