Clementine, a new colourful wedding dress.




Here's another of my new dresses, Clementine. Named for obvious reasons perhaps? Obvious to me, because these days I need the names of the dresses to instantly remind me of the actual dress!

I really wanted to make an orangey wedding dress, but when it came down to it the colours were too orange, so I toned it down a bit and went for a softer, salmon-like colour instead.

This type of dress could also be made in ivory or white, or any colour really - it's the lace colour that determines the main colour-way because it's likely that a lace will have a narrower colour choice than the main silk of the dress. (I think it would look good as a white dress with black lace too.)

I hitched up the silk on this skirt because I like the texture it gives, but it can also be made as a smooth skirt and train if you prefer.

I hope you like it. :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not drowning, but waving...

Late summer walk...

Summer bride