Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Well the sewing machines are cooling down as the last of the Christmas wedding dresses are finished and waved goodbye to!

It's been such a busy year work-wise this year. The busiest since I left my King's Parade premises in 2008 to work at home, and then in my new garden studio in summer 2014.

Thank you to everyone who wore one of my wedding dresses this year, and every previous year! I really appreciate your custom. It's more about just 'custom' though, which sounds very...impersonal. Having someone actually choose me to make their wedding dress is a huge honour and means such a lot to me. It's a responsibility I take very seriously and is difficult to explain how much it means to me, and how much care and energy, both physical and psychic I put into your dress!

Also a big thank you to Lindsay and Chloe, both of whom have helped create this years dresses with me. You have both been an enormous help. :-) xx

*THANK YOU EVERYONE!*

If you're reading this and wondering whether to get in touch about a wedding dress, don't be scared, just do it! Email is best. I have dreadful reception in my studio, so although the phone will ring, it will cut off when I answer it. So if you want to call, and I don't answer, please leave a message - I will ring you back, but email is better and quicker, because I'll notice your message more quickly. Contact details are on the side of the blog or on my website. (Helpful note: If you keep ringing, but don't leave a message, I will assume you are a junk call and not call back...just saying. I get so many junk/selling calls that I'd never get any dresses finished if I answered them all, so the bad reception is a blessing for me, if a slight irritant to a genuine caller.)

More thank-yous: I also want to thank everyone who voted for me in the Four Counties Wedding Awards. I am a finalist!
*
Several of my clients this year have said I should show some pictures of my studio. So I'll be doing that in the New Year. I meant to do so last year, but it was a case of 'paint dry - move in - start work'! And now it's 18 months on and I haven't got around to it. So if you're interested, I will be posting some pics soon. Also, in consultation with my brides, I will be compiling some FAQs about my service. This is also a New Year's project, so watch this space if you think this will be helpful to you. I will post them here and on my website in due course. If you have any questions that would be good to include in my FAQs please post them in the comments.

I thought I'd leave you with a picture of bride Anneka, who got married this summer. I've not shown her wedding photos yet, so this is a sneak preview! More of her and all the brides I've not yet shown, next year! 

Photographer: Lucy Shergold

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and here's to a peaceful and calm 2016, not just here but worldwide.

Xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not drowning, but waving...

Summer bride

Something red