Work in progress, continued

Remember this dress I showed a picture of at the toile stage?


Well it's slowly progressing! Above was the toile (prototype) made from calico. Yes, I pinned all those pieces on something that it's then necessary to take apart again.

Below is a picture of the real silk dress in progress.


Today I started beading those squares onto the main body of the dress. Phew!

I really enjoy this sort of day, working on something where I'm sitting still and doing a repetitive task like this can be very relaxing and leaves my mind free to wander.

But I think the idea of doing this sort of work does weird things to my brain: First thing in the morning, I optimistically think such things as 'Yes, I'm sure I'll have half the dress done by sunset'. The sun is not yet set, but it is fading, and I'm about 1ft up from the hem at the back... and I'm not hanging about!

It's important that I get the timings right, as this is a sample dress and needs to be priced correctly.

Whilst working on the above, I've also moved forward in the audio book that is Bleak House by Charles Dickens. I have to be in the right mood for this story as it seems to be as epic as the beading on the dress, so they're well matched today!

Progress all round! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not drowning, but waving...

Late summer walk...

Summer bride